Brief introduction and description here. And below is more detailed information.
For what ages? Who is it for? Description and so on.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is the first of a two-year Kindergarten experience. We use a high-quality curriculum designed to specifically address these school readiness skills:
Self and Social Development
Language and Literacy
Mathematical Developmental Domains
Hillside Christian Academy’s TK class is a wonderful opportunity for children who need a bridge from Pre-school to Kindergarten. Your child will be in a loving, nurturing, and Christ-centered setting to help them continue to develop socially, academically, and spiritually. Bible instruction in TK focuses on familiar Bible lessons presented from both Old Testament and New Testament, emphasizing God’s love.
TK offers a full day program and students must be enrolled 5 days/week. The morning will primarily consist of learning academics and social skills through centers and group time, while the afternoon will focus more on rest and structured play activities.
Transitional Kindergarten Program Information:
- Our age requirement for the TK Class is for children who will be turning 4 years old on or before September 1st.
- TK students must be potty trained.
- HCA follows a traditional school year schedule beginning in mid-August until the end of May.
- We are in session 5 days a week 8:30 a.m.-2:50p.m.
Scope and Sequence of transitional Kindergarten
The following provides a brief outline of the standards and recommended coursework, teaching order for Transitional Kindergarten.
Phonics and Reading
- Recognition of name, sound, and picture of long and short vowels and consonants
- Sounding of blends, one and two-vowel words, and words with special sounds
- Beginning phonics rules and special sounds
- Reading of sentences and stories from twelve books containing one and two vowel words and special sounds
- Letters, blends, words, and sentences
- Recognition of sentences by capital letters and periods
- Thirteen poems committed to memory
- God's plan for seeds
- God's plan for animals
Health and Human Biology
- God's plan for me
Earth and Space
- God's plan for weather
- God's plan for seasons
- Number recognition, counting and writing 1-100
- Number concepts 1-100
- Numbers before and after 1-100
- Numbers largest and smallest 1-100
- Counting and writing by tens to 100
- Counting and writing by fives to 100
- Counting and writing by twos to 100
- Using number words 1-10 and first-10
- Value of coins and dollar bills
- Telling time
- Using the calendar
- Days of the week
- Addition facts through 10
- One-step story problems in addition
- Beginning substraction
- Community helpers
- Children of the world
- America: Our Great Country
- Map studies
- Famous Americans and places