Hillside Christian Academy integrates a thorough knowledge of God's love with a challenging academic environment. A Christ-centered curriculum that encourages critical thinking and effective skills application pursues the mastery of academic disciplines within a traditional classroom setting.
Hillside Christian Academy is an extension of the home and the church, seeking to partner with parents to provide a quality Christian education.
Hillside Christian Academy uses the ABEKA along with Association of Christian School International, Purposeful Design curriculum. Bible lessons and character development, along with reading and arithmetic are strongly emphasized. The love for all of God's people (social study), the awe of God's work (science), and the creative arts (poetry, music, performing arts) are included.
Scope and Sequence of instruction for all grade levels are detailed here.
As a ministry of Hillside Church of God, the Preschool has been serving families on the San Francisco Peninsula since 1959. Our elementary school began in 2003 with its first kindergarten class and now offers quality education through the sixth grade.
Although teachers in a private, Christian elementary school are not required to have a valid California teaching credential, all but three of our teachers have their teaching credential. Our teaching staff have over forty-five years combined teaching experience, and our principal has twenty-seven years of classroom experience. We look very intently into every teacher's experience, and most importantly, we prayerfully consider every teacher's calling by God into the ministry of teaching.
Fees & Tuition
10-month School Year (8:30 am-2:45 pm)
|Application Fee (New student)||S185|
|Annual Registration Fee (Returning student)||$115|
|- Annual Tuition||$7,600|
|- Textbook Fees*||$180|
|First Thru Fifth Grade|
|- Annual Tuition||$7,600|
|- Textbook Fees*||$275|
|Middle School (Sixth Grade)|
|- Annual Tuition||$8,000|
|- Textbook Fees*||$350|
* Full payment of textbook fees is due no later than September 3rd with a 5% discount if paid in full prior to the first day of school
We offer an 11 month payment plan or a 5% discount for Tuition paid in full before the first day of school
|Annual Tuition||11-Month Payment|
A 20% sibling discount is offered for the second child, and a 50% discount for each additional child. Smart Tuition will service our tuition payment plans. For more information, click here: Smart Tuition General Information.
|Before School Care|
(7 am - 8:30 am)
|$ 155 / month|
|After School Care|
(2:45 pm - 6:00 pm)
|$ 285 / month|
|Before & After School Care||$358 / month|
|Summer Program||$305 / month|
|All Day Vacation Program|
during Easter/Christmas Break
|$286 / week
$62 / day
“All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.”- Isaiah 54:13
Donate to Hillside Christian Academy when you Shop by using Amazon Smile
Amazon Smile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Hillside Christian Academy every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you'll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shipping experiences as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to HCA.
To shop at AmazonSmile simply go to smile.amazon.com from the web browser on your computer or mobile device. You may also want to add a bookmark to smile.amazon.com to make it even easier to return and start your shopping at AmazonSmile.
Set Hillside Christian Academy as your preferred charity by using THIS LINK.
Maxine Coutts Memorial Scholarship
The Maxine Coutts Memorial Scholarship was formed in the Fall of 2011 by Herbert and Margarita Rosenthal to remember the life of Maxine Coutts and to continue her legacy of excellence and generosity posthumously. Being committed to integrity, academic excellence and a devotion to community service, Maxine Coutts was an inspiration to those fortunate to have been in her presence. Through her faith in God and her devotion to serving others, Maxine was an example of humble service, and through this scholarship her memory will live on. This scholarship was established to assist families with demonstrated financial need to meet their tuition requirements. Scholarships will be rewarded based on financial need, academic achievement, and the applicant's character.
- Be a returning student at Hillside Christian Academy.
- Demonstrate ability to work at their highest level of achievement.
- Substantial unmet need
- Special financial circumstances
Citizenship and Character
- Demonstrate the character traits that represent Hillside Christian Academy.
- Pursue goals with integrity, judgement, and self-discipline.
- Be involved in a balance of community and school activities.
- Demonstrate the potential to make a positive impact on his/her peers and community.
- Be willing to volunteer 20 additional service hours to the school.
- Applicant fills out the Smart Tuition Aid scholarship application form by January 12, 2018.
- Smart Tuition Aid will process the applications and provide the results to the Principal for review and recommendation to the Board of Trustees for final approval.
- The Board of Trustees reviews amount available for scholarship(s).
- The Board of Trustees takes appropriate action on the application(s).
- Upon approval of scholarships, Chairperson of the Board of Trustees notifies parents and signing signatory for scholarship fund to disburse appropriate funds to Hillside Christian Academy.
- Bookkeeper for Hillside Christian Academy credits students account 10% each month of fund awarded. Should, for any reason full funding not be completed due to student withdrawal or other factors, unused funds revert back to the scholarship account.