Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
Students at Hillside Christian Academy will:
Exemplify Healthy Values and Behaviors
- Understand their bodies are temples in which the Holy Spirit dwells, and therefore exhibit a godly, healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual fitness by practicing appropriate hygiene, proper nutrition and physical fitness, developing strong friendships, and working to their best abilities.
- Honor their parents in both word and deed.
- Develop an awareness of and compassion for diverse cultures.
- Demonstrate skills in resolving conflicts through positive, nonviolent actions.
- Show proficiency of basic English vocabulary.
- Be creative and discipline learners who produce quality results.
- Strive to maximize academic potential.
Grow in Their Knowledge of God and His Word
- Understand their fallen nature and their need for salvation.
- Study and respect the Bible as God's inspired Word.
- Understand that all truth is God's truth, and apart from God no truth exists.
- Prayerfully look to God and His word daily as the source of true and direction.
- Learn and exemplify Christ's model of servant-leadership.
- Respect God and authorities.
- Model responsible citizenship.
- Develop God-given abilities and use them to glorify God and benefit others.
- Express accountability in their words and actions.
- Comprehend the principles of effective communication by reading and writing English proficiently.
- Read, write, speak, and listen reflectively and critically.
- Convey messages clearly and accurately.
Succeed as Self-Directed Learners
- Take personal responsibility for their academic performance.
- Set and accomplish realistic personal and academic goals.
- Demonstrate organizational and time management skills.
- Complete tasks in a responsible, timely fashion.